WebShop
Hier gibt's die gadgets

Languages
Sprache für das Interface auswählen

English German

Login
Benutzername

Passwort

Kostenlos registrieren!. Gestalten Sie Ihr eigenes Erscheinungsbild. Passen Sie das Seitenlayout Ihren Wünschen an

gadgetPool.de: Forum

gadgetPool.de :: View topic - Off Topic : My new digital storage oscilloscope
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Off Topic : My new digital storage oscilloscope

Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetPool.de Forum Index -> Seatalk NMEA Bridge
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2012 5:06 pm    Post subject: Off Topic : My new digital storage oscilloscope Reply with quote

I don't think anybody cares - But

yesterday I got my new Voltcraft DSO-3062C DSO.

It's best thing since sliced bread Smile

I wonder how I could get along without it all the time.

( Yellow - SeaTalk Data, Blue - input capture and timer interrupts on the bridge )

Up to now I did all the timing configuration for the interrupts just by calculating and trying.
Sure - I tried to check it with my old 20Mhz analog Oscilloscope - but that did not really work.

Now I can see and verify how it works.
I'm thrilled.

They had this offer at conrad.de
VOLTCRAFT-DSO-3062C-DIGITAL-OSZILLOSKOP for 299 Euro.
They sell it as a 60 MHz DSO with 500MS/s .
But the Hardware inside is actually better. It's just limited by software.
So with just a very small software update, it is a 200 MHZ DSO with 1GS/s .

More information about the software activation procedure for 200MHz - 1GS/s can be found at Microcontroller.net ( sorry it's in German )
jferguson
Master
Master

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank,
Thanks much for sharing this. 299E is a serious amount of money, but it looks like it is exactly what's needed for this sort of thing. I eventually got my SeaTalk reader to read - with a lot of help, but the method that I'm using is not clean.

Friend recommended that I get a scope, and I had remembered seeing them for about US$200, but even that couldn't be justified to on- board management (spouse).

I'm sure you are going to have a lot of fun with this.

best regards, John
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jferguson wrote:
Frank,
I eventually got my SeaTalk reader to read - with a lot of help, but the method that I'm using is not clean.

Hi John,
if there is anyway I could assist - just let me know.

i.e. - If you're using ATmega chips, you could send my your software, I could put it on my chip here and do some measurements for you.

jferguson wrote:

Friend recommended that I get a scope, and I had remembered seeing them for about US$200, but even that couldn't be justified to on- board management (spouse).

Ups .... I have completely forgotten to tell my board management about it..... Rolling Eyes Wink

best regards,
Frank
jferguson
Master
Master

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind offer, Frank.

I'm ever more impressed with the elegance of the Bridge hardware now that I'm trying to make my own hardware work and at the same time evolve the software. I wrote software modules for each of the devices and one for the seatalk. They work separately.

I'm now cleaning up construction mistakes on the display which has four button/switches for selecting how and which data are displayed on 4 line lcd. buttons add resistance to a shunt to ground and change voltage going to analog port on 2560. this way i can get button signals back to arduino with just one additional line since i already have +5 and ground at the display. but only one button works, so i must have screwed up the wiring. fix that today, i hope.

i think building things like this means breadboarding until you get one that works, then building a real one. make it work,. then building one that is nice.

again, thanks for the offer to help. best regards, john
Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetPool.de Forum Index -> Seatalk NMEA Bridge All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: