WebShop
Hier gibt's die gadgets

Languages
Sprache für das Interface auswählen

English German

Login
Benutzername

Passwort

Kostenlos registrieren!. Gestalten Sie Ihr eigenes Erscheinungsbild. Passen Sie das Seitenlayout Ihren Wünschen an

gadgetPool.de: Forum

gadgetPool.de :: View topic - Rapsberry PI 3+Opencpn
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Rapsberry PI 3+Opencpn

Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetPool.de Forum Index -> SeaTalk NMEA Link
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mauline

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:52 am    Post subject: Rapsberry PI 3+Opencpn Reply with quote

I've tried to use the NMEA Link with my Seatalk instruments. I connect the NMEA link USB to my Raspberry PI 3 with Opencpn. I use Cutecom on /dev/ttyUSB0 to dialog with the usb link. Every thng is OK. $SWVERSION give me 1.65. All dialogs are OK but in the screen of Cutecom (as minicom or hyperterm), i never see sentences from Seatalk. If with Cutecom I open /dev/ttyUSB1 ( USB GPS), I can see all the data from gps.... I don't understand why I never see data from my Seatalk instruments. Of course I see nothing on Opencpn. Please, have you and idea. Perhaps power problem with the raspberry port usb, or a bad configuration of the link...?
Thank's a lot for anwer.
Patrick
Mauline

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 3:42 pm    Post subject: Version 1.69 Reply with quote

I just upgrade my link to 1.69 version. Now at reboot, Raspberry don't see the USB link. No answer from Cutecom. In have to unplug and plug again the usb stick(with power on) to access by Cutecom.... Strange. I'm not on the boat, so I can't see, if data arrive from Seatalk bus. But with 1.65 version, everything where OK at reboot!
Mauline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2017 11:24 am    Post subject: After upgrade same problem! Reply with quote

In 1.69, I can't collect any data from Seatalk bus.
The Seatalk NMEA link get a problem, because to dialog with it, I have to unplug and plug with power on. On normal startup or reboot it's not possible.... Why? I don't know. I'have try with my Raspberry and a PC whith Linux, it's the same thing.
Could you give me,......if you read sometimes this forum, some help?
Thank's a lot.
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mauline,

ok. Let's try to find out what's going on.

You say, you never got any Seatalk data from the SeaTalk devices, but you can "talk" to the Link with CuteCom. That's the first problem we should solve.

Could you tell me what kind of seatalk devices you have connected ?
There should be SOME seatalk data, but it might be helpfull to know what you have connected.
When you see NOTHING - well what comes to my mind first is - how is the SeaTalk Bus connected. I'm sure you did it correct, but maybe you could tell me which wire it connected to which terminal.

Since you can talk to the link, you could switch ON the raw SeaTalk data output. That would show us if we receive anything from the SeaTalk Bus.

Connect to the link with cutecom (or whatever you have on the PI) and type $xxx. Please make sure, that cutecom is set up to send CR and LF when you press ENTER.
If the link replys with $xxx, we know the connection from the PI to the link is working. You could also try $SWVERSION if you like.

Now type $SNBSE,0,1 and press enter.
Now type $SNBSE,0 and press enter.

The link should reply with $SNBSE, 0, 0.001 and from now on you should see $STALK sentences whenever seatalk data arrive.

Regarding the raspberry is not connecting on bootup.
This can not be caused by the software update. The USB->RS232 controller is a FTDI chip, that handels the USB connection all by itself. There is no software involved.
Maybe you could reboot the PI, open a terminal and tell me what

Code:
dmesg | grep USB
shows.
This should tell you if PI has found the USB chip.
You should see something like
Code:

usb 1-1.4: New USB device found, idVendor=0403, idProduct=6001
FTDI USB Serial Device converter detected

Of course it could be a hardware problem with the SeaTalk Link itself.
But please let's first try if we can solve the problem. If not, I just send you another link. No Problem.

Best regards
Frank
Mauline

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,
Thank's for answer! For the moment I could not do some test, because, I'm at home, and I will try to test, when I will be back on boat. The link is with me at home, and command $SNBSE,0,1 put the parameter to "1" . The response is OK. Before this parameter was to "0". I will contact you on my boat, but perhaps the next week.
Regards.
Patrick
Mauline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I forgot to tell you, what devices are connected. I have a ST 30 Wind Autohelm, and ST4000+, and also a Bidata ST40 Depth/Speed.
Regards.
Patrick
Mauline

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:28 pm    Post subject: Problème USB link Reply with quote

Hi Frank,
I found the problem ! On the St wind, on one Seatalk connector the 12V from the instrument was out or order. I take the 12V on an another connector and everything is ok! Thank's for help.
Regards.
Patrick
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Perfect !!

That's the kind of problem that would have been relay hard to find from here.
I'm glad you could sove it.

Best regards
Frank
Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetPool.de Forum Index -> SeaTalk NMEA Link All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: