WebShop
Hier gibt's die gadgets

Languages
Sprache für das Interface auswählen

English German

Login
Benutzername

Passwort

Kostenlos registrieren!. Gestalten Sie Ihr eigenes Erscheinungsbild. Passen Sie das Seitenlayout Ihren Wünschen an

gadgetPool.de: Forum

gadgetPool.de :: View topic - Sea talk to Android
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

Sea talk to Android

Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetPool.de Forum Index -> Boat electronics - projects
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nosaj66au

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Sea talk to Android Reply with quote

Hi All,
Well its been a while and my seatalk bridge is going strong. In the tradition of boating electronics strong is not enough. I have add a Bluetooth module to a nema Port and have now writen an Android app the display the data on my phone and Galaxy Tab.
This is just a query to see if anyone else is interested? It has created a real buzz about the yacht club.
Frank have you look at putting a BT module on your new product?
Several yachties I know have ST40 series instrument and need a bridge.
Jason
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jason,

YES - I'm am very interested !!!

There is this discount supermarket here in Germany ( Aldi ). They will sell a Android tablet computer tomorrow - And I'll buy one Smile

So - I'm extremly interested in your Android app.
Is your App open source ?

Regarding bluetooth - we found a new housing for the bridge and we're currently working on a new PCB layout for this new housing. In this new PCB we'll try to add a Bluetooth module.
jdreyhz

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2014 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello:

I am new in this forum. My mother language is Spanish so I apologize if my English is not very good. Sorry (I don’t know German).

I have developed a program in Android that shows displays of four virtual instruments of RayMarine: Auto Pilot, Wind, Tridata, and GPS.

I have used a RS-232 to Wifi converter (http://en.usr.cn) and one auxiliary electronic to convert Sea-Talk signal to RS-232. (Thomas Knauf). The stream of Seatalk data is received transparently in the phone or tablet. All the work of decoding messages is done in the android program.

The project begins for satisfied the needs of a fiend that wanted to know the wind velocity when at anchor in the cabin.

Do you think that other sailors can be interested in this application?

My intention is to obtain some profit, in selling this program, but I am not interest in commercialize hardware, only the software.
I can send more information if interested

Best regards

Juan
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Juan,

jdreyhz wrote:

Do you think that other sailors can be interested in this application?

I'm still work on a Bluetooth / W-Lan adaper for our SeaTalk NMEA Bridge.
So your app might fit perfectly to our SeaTalk NMEA Bridges.
Yes - I'm interested in your Android app

Maybe you know - I want our customer to really "own" what the pay for.
For me, that means, circuit diagrams are available, all the sources are available.
I believe - when you pay for something, you should have all information to - fix it, improve it, change it, understand it.

Especially when it comes to Cellphone apps, I want my customers to know what that software does. Does it read my contact data, does it send my position to the internet .....

Therefore - Is your App open source for your customers ?

I certainly don't mind to ask for money for the work done.
Open source for me it "free as in Freedom". It's not free as in "free beer"

Best regards
Frank
jdreyhz

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helo Frank:

Thanks for your quick response. As soon as possible I’ll put a brief description of the App with images of displays.

I don’t have yet any customer. Only one (my friend) and I worked free for him.

My intention is to obtain some profit selling this app worldwide for Internet. As I said in my first post, I’m not interested in selling hardware, for avoid the difficulties inherent to commercialization. The business model of selling software is easier (for me).

I don’t think the open source is good for me as a business model. If I give free my work everybody ¿ how can obtain any return?. Or if I sell the first App with open source, I`ll not sell any more, even worse, other people would obtain profit selling my work as theirs.

The App is only a prototype. I’ll need some time to finish it, and in order to sell it, develop a web site for that.

My question for you is if you might be interested in selling my app in your web (when completely finished). I think in a commercial model like Sea Plotter. People can download free the App for test in a period of time, and if satisficed completely, pay for a license.

Best regards
Juan
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wifi

SeaTalk and NMEA goes WiFi
WiFi Bridge is coming soon.
shab

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wann wird die Wifi Bridge verfügbar, wieviel Strom braucht sie und was soll sie kosten?

Gruesse
Enrico
jlcourbon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Juan,

I am interested by your App on Androïd.

Do you have now some picts of the Display on tablet or phone, pricing ?
Also your hardware to convert Seatalk datagrams to RS232 is it available ? (I understand that you are not using a gadgetPool converter)
Thanks for your help.
Best Regards,
Jean

Verfasst am: Di Mai 06, 2014 3:07 am Titel: Antworten mit Zitat
Helo Frank:

Thanks for your quick response. As soon as possible I’ll put a brief description of the App with images of displays.

I don’t have yet any customer. Only one (my friend) and I worked free for him.

My intention is to obtain some profit selling this app worldwide for Internet. As I said in my first post, I’m not interested in selling hardware, for avoid the difficulties inherent to commercialization. The business model of selling software is easier (for me).

I don’t think the open source is good for me as a business model. If I give free my work everybody ¿ how can obtain any return?. Or if I sell the first App with open source, I`ll not sell any more, even worse, other people would obtain profit selling my work as theirs.

The App is only a prototype. I’ll need some time to finish it, and in order to sell it, develop a web site for that.

My question for you is if you might be interested in selling my app in your web (when completely finished). I think in a commercial model like Sea Plotter. People can download free the App for test in a period of time, and if satisficed completely, pay for a license.

Best regards
Juan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetPool.de Forum Index -> Boat electronics - projects All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: