WebShop
Hier gibt's die gadgets

Languages
Sprache für das Interface auswählen

English German

Login
Benutzername

Passwort

Kostenlos registrieren!. Gestalten Sie Ihr eigenes Erscheinungsbild. Passen Sie das Seitenlayout Ihren Wünschen an

gadgetPool.de: Forum

gadgetPool.de :: View topic - extended functions related to the SeaTalk calibration of CC
 Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   UsergroupsUsergroups   ProfileProfile   Log inLog in 

extended functions related to the SeaTalk calibration of CC

Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetPool.de Forum Index -> SeaTalk NMEA Bridge 128SD
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlcourbon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 11:40 am    Post subject: Parameter calibration for old SeaTalk Course Computers Reply with quote

Hello Frank,

I am using the Built-In autopilot remote control (+10,+1,-1,-10, Auto, Standby,Track). Very useful for old Seatalk1 Course Computers like ST6000/7000, Type100/300, ST4000+/5000+, S1/2/3/G and SPX...

I am wondering about extended functions related to the SeaTalk calibration of CC parameters :
Do you plan to implement calibration functions in a next software release ?

I mean :
- the display of the 88 datagram values ( Autopilot Parameter sent by AP), and then related commands to set values :

- press longer than 1S on Standby key to enter Compass-User/Dealer Cal (datagram number ?)
- 93 ( Enter AP-Setup),
- 92 (Set Autopilot Parameter)
- 87 (Set Response Level)
- 91 (Rudder gain)

Or do you know somebody who worked on this issue ?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,
Jean-Luc Very Happy
FWallenwein
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Jean-Luc,

Quote:
Do you plan to implement calibration functions in a next software release ?

well - currently I have not planned to add this calibration functions.
Do you think there is a demand for having this special calibration function in the SeaTalk Nmea Bridge.

I thought this settings are only made on commission of the autopilot, and I personally would prefer to make that directly on the autopilot.

Well - could be I'm wrong.
If you see a demand for implementing it into the Bridge, I could try to do it.
I don't have an autopilot available, so I would need someone to test it and give feedback.

If you would like to change the software yourself - I'l I can send you the sources.

Best regards
Frank
jlcourbon

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Frank,

First of all, many thanks for your reply !

Yes, I can believe that it would be useful to many users of Autohelm/Raymarine Course Computers which are SeaTalk1 (old or not so old) compliant only. There are many users worldwide of ST6000/7000, Type 100/300 and S1/S2/S3 CC.

Please, let me explain further :
As you are aware of, SeaTalkNG (NMEA2000) is the main standard today for marine network instruments and autopilot Raymarine communications.
SeaTalkNG is embedding Seatalk1 wiring but does not support all SeaTalk1 functions.
Nomore Seatalk1 products are manufactured nor supported today.

As a main example, a SeaTalk1 Course Computer can be controlled/displayed by a new SeaTalkNG Control Unit (as the Raymarine P70 or ST70) but only for the +/-10, +/-1, Auto Standby and Track functions, exactly as a 128SD Bridge can do it.

Commission is necessary not only at the first time but :
Calibration process of the CC or parameter change is needed each time something is to be replaced or repaired on the boat, i.e. new compass fluxgate or compass fitted on an other place, CC itself, Control Unit, rudder or wheel system, mechanic/hydraulic and so on...
Also when the boat itself is changed !
To enter the calibration process (compass linearization, alignment and initial settings) or to change the settings during navigation (rudder amount, sensitivity level...), the user needs a fully Seatalk1 compliant Control Unit as the ST6000/7000, ST6000+/7000+, ST6001, ST6002, ST8001/ST8002 - or a well known ST600R Remote Control.

As the above SeaTalk1 Control Units are becoming very rare on the second hand market and as the new SeatalkNG ones do not support the Seatalk1 calibration process, the user is forced to abandon all electronic components of his autopilot on the shelf and to buy a new one. Very expensive !

The Bridge 128SD could be used as it is like a SeaTalk1 Control Unit but unfortunately not like a ST600R remote because of the lack of calibration.

I can send you a Type 100/300 CC mother board or a ST4000+ Autopilot for testing purpose, no problem.

Thanks for the C source code. I am afraid that it will take a lot of time for me to re-learn the C compiler and linker... For sure you will be more efficient than me.

Please let me know your understanding and aim about.
Best regards,
Jean
Post new topic   Reply to topic    gadgetPool.de Forum Index -> SeaTalk NMEA Bridge 128SD All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: